Business Development Executive – Startups (f/m/d) - temporary position
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission, through this position of SMB Business Development Executive – Startups, driving sales and business with High Potential Tech Startups in the Small & Medium Business (SMB) segment of Microsoft Germany.
The SMB Business Development Executive – Startups is responsible for selling Microsoft Cloud solutions to high potential Startups within Microsoft’s Small, Medium Business segment. You will be a key connection point between Microsoft and Tech Startups, helping them to align their business strategies with Microsoft’s technologies, products and services. As the SMB Business Development Executive – Startups you will work closely with a number of Microsoft representatives from our SMB Sales & Business Development Team, Marketing & Communications, Microsoft for Startups, Microsoft’s Partner Organization, Digital Sales Team and Technology Sales Specialists, to bring the right resources at the right time to drive positive digital outcomes for Startups.
Tech Startups we engage with span multiple verticals including FinTech, Retail/E-Commerce, HealthTech, ClimateTech, Advanced Manufacturing, Gaming are usually venture capital backed fast growth organizations, less than 10 years old and running a digital business model with cloud computing based applications. You will be supported through a number of innovative customer and partnering programs to drive successful outcomes, including marketing events, solution assessments, Executive Briefings, Partner led workshops, and more.
- “Hunt” for new Microsoft Cloud (Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, Azure) opportunities within the German Startup Eco System by engaging the right business and technology decision makers
- Understanding Startup needs, priorities and budget processes, and landing Microsoft’s value proposition
- Own and drive new customer acquisition opportunities across Microsoft Cloud solutions
- Be part of the local Startup business v-team, know the local partners and work with them to deliver successful customer outcomes
- Strong values and strong collaboration skills, to support our Diverse and Inclusive culture at Microsoft
- Outstanding Opportunity Hunter with high passion for business development and sales and excited about driving new business and new customer experiences using innovative approaches like social selling
- Strong operational excellence, highly organized to ensure you track and manage your business development area effectively within Microsoft’s CRM system
- Growth Mindset: ability to overcome blockers and hurdles that are inevitable through a positive approach to problem solving
- Min 1-2 years professional experience Sales or Business Development within Technology industry or the Startup Eco System
- Strong understanding of the German market and the local German Startup Eco System
- Highly skilled on Microsoft 365 applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel and fluent in German and English
- Education: University degree such as BA/BS or equivalent work experience
Please note your onboarding will happen through an agency but you will work for Microsoft. The position is limited for 18 months.
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||ab sofort|