Customer Engineer (CE) for SQL Server x 2 (m/f/d) (full-/part-time) - temporary position
As a Customer Engineer (CE) for SQL Server x 2 at Microsoft, some of your daily challenges will include:
- Key technical resource for the customer
- Focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing expert guidance
- Join a highly motivated team of leading industry experts
- Preview new technology before others in the industry and learn how to make the best from it
- Visit customers to train them and share industry and development expertise
- Be part of a thriving developer community that's constantly looking for ways to improve our customers’ experience, software development goals and use of technology
- Build strong customer relationships and ensure deliveries align with customer projects and milestones
- Gain access to expertise and support from Microsoft’s consulting practice and product groups
- Continually learn and grow professionally
- Analyze problems
- Maintain, extend accreditations and certifications, assist in developing best practices for key technologies and products to support technical team readiness
- Demonstrate strong communication skills; ability to develop strategic ongoing customer relationships, gain trust and respect for Microsoft Premier. Engineers must also possess strong technical writing, presentation, and training skills
To position you for a successful career with us and enable you to have an impact on your colleagues and our customers, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Data modeling and database design.
- Indexing strategy
- Performance Optimization and Tuning Capabilities
- Partitioning data implementations
- Metadata management and repository usage.
- Database schema creation and management.
- Backup and recovery.
- Ensuring data integrity.
- Ensuring High availability and Disaster recovery.
- SQL code reviews with ability to dissect query plan, T-SQL code
- Sargability of statements
- Procedural skills.
- Data security.
- Data Encryption
- Replication of data
- SQL Edition and version differences with discontinued and deprecated features
- Upgrade process
- Storage management techniques.
- Data Engine Capacity planning.
- General database management, Policy based management
- Extended events and Traces
- Basic Licensing and support scenarios
- Fluent in German and good command of English
Nice to have
- Windows Failover Clustering
- SQL Server Reporting service
- SQL server Integration Service
- SQL Server Analysisx Service
Please note your onboarding will happen through an agency but you will work for Microsoft. The position is limited to 18 months.
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||ab sofort|