Senior Project Manager (m/f/d) – temporary position
Microsoft Consulting Services helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
The Project Manager enables both Microsoft and Customer outcomes through orchestration of delivery teams. They govern either a single engagement or a portfolio of projects and are a key driver of the delivery lifecycle, using their executive expertise to remove barriers and deliver successful outcomes. The Project Manager is a key Microsoft Consulting Services role in managing a successful engagement, maintaining portfolio health and leading a team of delivery professionals.
- Partnering with Area Teams lead the delivery of Customer facing engagements to successful outcomes, within the scope of the agreed engagement.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Customer providing guidance and holding the Customer accountable to the agreed contract.
- Establish Customer conditions of satisfaction and review these with the Customer and project team over the life of the engagement.
- Partnering with key Domain delivery roles (Architects, Consultants etc.) apply core project/program governance techniques to deliver the engagement efficiently and effectively from initiation to closure and identify next steps for the Customer to achieve greater business value.
- Apply best practice through adoption and use of Microsoft delivery methodologies
- Apply monitoring and controlling techniques to identify and mitigate all risks and issues and manage the engagement health effectively, raising awareness early to avoid escalations
- Apply Change Management techniques to improve adoption
- Responsible for engagement resourcing, including engagement and onboarding of partners and subcontractors
- Deliver accurate and regular engagement reporting to both Customers and Microsoft key stakeholders.
- Maintain intellectual property and project deliverables within project repositories
- Participate in internal delivery communities to share best practice and lessons learned
- Execute deliveries on time, on budget and with scope complete, utilizing strong change management practices
- Effectively contribute to the business through accurate financial forecasting and management
- Full accountability for all financial management of projects, including maintaining accurate financial reporting
- Full responsibility for engagement cost, time and expense approvals
- Engage in internal financial forecasting cycles, then tracking progress against forecasts, acting as required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification with real-world experience, additional certifications (e.g. Agile/SCRUM etc.) are an advantage
- Experience leading deliveries in a professional services capacity, delivering to end Customers
- Demonstrated success in leading deliveries within different contractual terms
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading project or program teams to successful Customer outcomes
- Demonstrated abilities in vision building, leading and motivating multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent oral and written communication including strong presence with Executive Stakeholders
- Ability to identify risks before they occur and to develop mitigation and avoidance strategies
- Excellent financial management knowledge including relationships between contract types, revenue and costs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to facilitate and influence at senior levels
- Flexibility with the ability to balance priorities across multiple tasks
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Please note your onboarding will happen through an agency but you will work for Microsoft.
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||01.04.2021|